Firm: Sirote & Permutt, PC
Location: Birmingham - AL
2311 Highland Avenue South
Birmingham, AL 35205
- Tel : 205.930.5755
- Fax : 205.212.2870
- Email : email@example.com
At Sirote, Adam serves as a shareholder in the Corporate and Securities and Real Estate Practice Groups, representing commercial real estate developers and their investors. His clients span a broad spectrum of asset categories, including their retail, office, industrial/warehouse, multi-family, healthcare and life sciences, restaurant and hospitality, entertainment and sports, education, and agricultural, ranch, and hunting properties. He also counsels real estate clients in their general corporate, intellectual property, management and operations, and tax planning matters.
Represented the developer in its acquisition, financing, development, and leasing of a 500,000 square foot industrial warehouse campus project with a total project development cost of approximately $25 million, involving the assemblage of real estate, re-zoning, other land use planning, master design-build agreements, simultaneous sales to two light manufacturing suppliers, the procurement of municipal participation for new infrastructure and improvements to existing infrastructure for the project (including the re-engineering and delivery of power and electrical systems), negotiation and procurement of railroad access and transportation contracts, and the leasing of the project.
Represented the developer in its acquisition, financing, development, and leasing of an 800,000 square foot power center with a total project development cost of approximately $45 million, involving the assemblage of real estate, re-zoning, other land-use planning, simultaneous sales to two anchor retailers, the procurement of municipal participation for new infrastructure and improvements to existing infrastructure for the project, and the leasing of the project, including in-line space, outparcels, anchors, and junior anchors.
- The Best Lawyers in America©
- Corporate Law (2015–2020)
- Real Estate Law (2008–2020)
- Chambers USA
- Real Estate (2008–2019)
- AV Preeminent Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™
- Mid-South Super Lawyers
- Real Estate (2012–2019)
- “Rising Stars” (2010–2011)
- B-Metro Magazine, “Top Lawyer” (2018)
- Birmingham Business Journal, “Top 40 Under 40” (2006)
- Client Choice Award
- Commercial Property Category for Alabama (2014)
Speeches and Publications
- Author, Commercial Real Estate Today, Commercial Real Estate Blog
- Author, Practical Law Company Alabama Real Estate Q&A Guide (2014 – present)
- Author, Chambers USA Regional Guide (2018 – present)
- Author and Editor, “The Ethics Corner,” Property & Probate Magazine (a publication of the ABA Real Property, Trust & Estate Law Section), 2011–2012
- Presenter, “Hot Topics in Ethics for Real Estate Lawyers,” American Bar Association’s Real Property, Trust and Estate Section Symposium, Spring 2012
- Presenter, “Ethics for the Real Estate Lawyer,” Samford University’s Cumberland School of Law Seminar: Trends in Commercial Real Estate, 2010
- Planning Committee Member, “Trends in Commercial Real Estate,” Samford University’s Cumberland School of Law Seminar, 2009–2010
Sirote & Permutt, PC
The law firm of choice for handling a wide variety of real estate transactions, Sirote & Permutt counsels clients in the planning, financing, and development of routine, as well as complex commercial ventures. From negotiating transactional documentation and assisting with financing to representing clients in eminent domain, zoning, environmental, and other land use matters and controversies, our real estate lawyers regularly take advantage of the collective expertise found throughout the firm to represent the real estate interests of our clients in this pillar industry of our economy.
The industry recognizes the results of our approach. Eighty-eight of our attorneys have been recognized by The Best Lawyers in America©, Chambers USA, and Mid-South Super Lawyers, among other accolades the firm has received. Eleven of our lawyers are current or former adjunct professors of law in real estate, corporate and securities, tax, estate planning, and litigation.
Sirote & Permutt began in the years after World War II, with the partnership of Morris Sirote, Edward Friend, Jr., James Permutt, and Karl Friedman. Together, they built one of the Southeast’s largest and most respected law firms. They succeeded in the early years, and the firm continues to succeed for two reasons. Above all, we put our clients’ interests first. And we approach the practice of law with passion and commitment, and an uncompromising belief in a few core values. Integrity. Trust. Selflessness. Courage. Loyalty. Excellence. Leadership.