Firm: Dentons Sirote
Location: Birmingham - AL
2311 Highland Avenue South
Birmingham, AL 35205
- Tel : 205 930 5100
- Fax : 205 930 5101
- Email : email@example.com
Adam J. Sigman is a shareholder in Dentons Sirote’s Birmingham, Alabama office, where he is a member of the Real Estate and Corporate practice groups. Adam focuses his practice on real estate, as well as corporate, equity and securities, representing commercial real estate developers and their investors. His clients span a broad spectrum of asset categories, including their retail, office, industrial/warehouse, multifamily, healthcare and life sciences, restaurant and hospitality, entertainment and sports, education, and agricultural, ranch, and hunting properties. He also counsels real estate clients in their general corporate, intellectual property, management and operations, and tax planning matters.
- Represented the sponsor and lead investor in the acquisition and financing of multiple newly constructed, Class-A, multifamily projects in the southeastern United States, comprising approximately 6000 apartment units, which included the simultaneous closings of registered, private-placement memorandum equity raises and senior and mezzanine credit facilities for each acquisition at an aggregate project value of approximately $1.5B
- Represented the sponsor and lead investor in the sale of multiple, Class-A, multifamily projects in the southeastern United States, comprising approximately 5000 apartment units and which included the forward and reverse tax-deferred exchanges of like-kind property under Internal Revenue Code Section 1031 and the treasury regulations promulgated thereunder, at an aggregate project value of approximately $1B
- Represented the office complex/campus owner in the leasing of 100,000 rentable square feet to a healthcare and technology company in a primary office submarket of Birmingham, Alabama
- Represented the sponsor, lead investor, and developer in the acquisition, development, construction, financing, and leasing of land in downtown Birmingham, Alabama, for a new Class A, LEED-certified medical clinic and adjacent parking facility for the United States of America Veterans Administration (Birmingham Project)
- Represented the sponsor, lead investor, and developer in the acquisition, development, construction, financing, and leasing of a new Class A, LEED-certified office building/campus for the United States of America General Services Administration (United States Treasury Department in Birmingham), comprised of approximately 85,000 RSF and a total project development cost of approximately $30 million
- Represented the developer as consultant to a municipality in connection with the acquisition, development, and financing of a baseball stadium, park, and downtown redevelopment zone, including design and construction contracts, with a total project cost of approximately $60 million
- Represented the developer in its acquisition, financing, development, and leasing of a 500,000 square foot industrial warehouse campus project with a total project development cost of approximately $25 million, involving the assemblage of real estate, re-zoning, other land use planning, master design-build agreements, simultaneous sales to two light manufacturing suppliers, the procurement of municipal participation for new infrastructure and improvements to existing infrastructure for the project (including the re-engineering and delivery of power and electrical systems), negotiation and procurement of railroad access and transportation contracts, and the leasing of the project
- Represented the developer in its acquisition, financing, development, and leasing of an 800,000 square foot power center with a total project development cost of approximately $45 million, involving the assemblage of real estate, re-zoning, other land-use planning, simultaneous sales to two anchor retailers, the procurement of municipal participation for new infrastructure and improvements to existing infrastructure for the project, and the leasing of the project, including in-line space, outparcels, anchors, and junior anchors
- Represented the developer in its acquisition, development, and financing of a historic office building and warehouse in a downtown/ urban setting, with a total project development cost of approximately $10 million, which included converting and rehabilitating the vacant structure into 74 loft apartments and underground parking, Alabama Housing Finance Authority bond financing, the sale of historic and affordable housing tax credits to an investor sponsored by Fannie Mae, and procuring a subordinated HUD/HOME loan from the city of Birmingham, Alabama
- Represented numerous landlords and tenants in lease negotiations for office, retail, and industrial/warehouse and agricultural properties in excess of 1,000,000 square feet in the aggregate
- The Best Lawyers in America©
- Corporate Law (2015–2021)
- Real Estate Law (2008–2021)
- Chambers USA: Ranked in Real Estate in Alabama (Band 2) (2008-2021)
- AV Preeminent Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™
- Mid-South Super Lawyers
- Real Estate (2012–2020)
- “Rising Stars” (2010–2011)
- B-Metro Magazine
- “Top Attorney” (2018–2020)
- Birmingham Business Journal: “Top 40 Under 40” (2006)
- Client Choice Award:
- Commercial Property Category for Alabama (2014)
- Co-author, “FHFA Relief for Multifamily Property Owners Due to COVID-19,” Sirote COVID-19 Blog, March 27, 2020
- Author, Commercial Real Estate Today, Commercial Real Estate Blog
- Author, Practical Law Company Alabama Real Estate Q&A Guide (2014 – present)
- Co-author, Chambers US Regional Real Estate in Alabama Law and Practice Guide (2018-present)
- Co-author, Chambers US Regional Real Estate in Alabama Trends and Developments Guide (2021)
- Author and Editor, “The Ethics Corner,” Property & Probate Magazine(a publication of the ABA Real Property, Trust & Estate Law Section), 2011–2012
No matter where you are in today’s competitive real estate market, advice with a global perspective is indispensable. You need a team by your side to navigate this rapidly changing legal environment, which is often complicated by multijurisdictional issues. Whether you’re an investor, lender, developer, landowner, tenant, buyer or seller of real estate, you know the challenges of this market—and you want experienced counsel from people who understand your needs.
At Dentons, we bring strong, established local, regional and global experience and know-how to help you succeed in all your real estate ventures and projects. With more than 1,100 real estate lawyers worldwide, coupled with our commitment to an integrated approach, we give you the comfort of a global presence with a deep understanding of the local real estate terrain. We are more than your real estate advisors, we are your collaborative business partners, anticipating trends and reacting with speed and certainty on your behalf.
Whether you need advice on real estate leasing, project finance, acquisition and disposition, development, construction or investment, or you need the services of astute counsel to resolve a real estate dispute, our team of committed, respected professionals across the globe is keen to help you succeed. Where your needs extend beyond real estate, Dentons offers a wide range of practice knowledge and services worldwide in all business-related areas, including: insolvency and debt restructuring, environmental and regulatory compliance, corporate structuring, taxation, and cross-border matters, to name but a few.
Whether real estate is your business or your business relies on real estate, drive it forward with Dentons by your side.