Firm: Grant Genovese & Baratta, LLP
Location: Irvine - CA
Wells Fargo Bank Building
2030 Main Street, Suite 1600
Irvine, CA 92614
- Tel : 949.660.1600
- Fax : N/A
- Email : DCG@GGB-LAW.COM
David C. Grant, Founding Partner of the Irvine based real estate, business and insurance defense trial and transaction firm of Grant, Genovese & Baratta LLP, has been immersed in real estate since 1972. His practice, with his seasoned partners, has spanned the field of real estate disputes and transactions, including simple and complex purchase and sale, partnership, joint ventures, neighborhood to power shopping center developments and financing, and trials, arbitrations and dispute resolution proceedings covering every aspect of real estate, from eminent domain and inverse condemnation to purchase and sale squabbles, leasing issues and disputes, partnership and joint venture disputes and interests, and financing, refinancing and brokerage disputes and controversies. And over his 47 years of practice, David C. Grant have been lead trial attorney in over 100 jury and court real estate and business trials.
- David C. Grant’s education background includes an A.B. from Colgate University in 1969 and a J.D. in 1972 from Loyola Law School, Los Angeles, cum laude, and the prestigious position as Editor-in-Chief of the Loyola Law Review.
Honors Membership and Admissions
- State Bar of California
- Fellow, American College of Trial Lawyers, awarded to the top 1% of attorneys in the nation
- Associate, American Board of Trial Advocates, awarded only to select and seasoned trial attorneys
- 2019 – 2020 Exclusive featured Attorney for Irvine, Premier Real Estate Lawyers
- AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rate, Martindale-Hubbell
- 2006 – 2019, Southern California Super Lawyers
- Top 50 Lawyers in Orange County, awarded by Super Lawyers
The following praise of Mr. Grant by a highly respected Santa Barbara jurist after a complex real estate and fraud trial speaks volumes: “You’re one of the best lawyers. I want to tell you that your style and knowledge of scholarship was wonderful, and you should know that. We get lawyers here from all over the state all the time. Our cases are filled with out-of-town lawyers, and from big cities and big firms, and, you know, you’re right up there at the top of them. I really appreciated your courtesy during the trial.”
Speaking and Publishing
- 1976, Moderator, CEB Program on Provisional Remedies
- 1979, 1981, Panelist, CEB Program on Real Estate Broker Practice
- 1985, 1987, 1989, Panelist, CEB Program on Civil Trial Practice
- 1989, Panelist CEB Real Property Institute Program
- 1989, Moderator, CEB Program on Construction Law, Contracts and Disputes
- 1991, 1998, 2000, 2002, 2005-2010 Moderator, CEB Program on Real Property Remedies
Grant Genovese & Baratta, LLP
Our deep experience covers a depth of practice areas such as complex business sales and acquisitions, real estate, business and tort litigation, construction defect, insurance, bad faith, intellectual property and employment law.
David and Jim alone have tried over 200 cases to final judgment and over 60 lawsuits to jury verdict in courts throughout the state. Both of these attorneys are recognized as Fellows in the American College of Trial Lawyers and the American Board of Trial Advocates. They are also selected by peers and jurists in Martindale-Hubbell’s Preeminent Attorneys in the United States.
Michael Genovese heads the corporate department. He is well known for his long-term and connected relationships with clients that transcend the complicated transactions he closes. He works with clients to achieve business and personal goals such as asset and entity management. From complex transactions to interfacing with regulatory agencies and client’s business partners, Michael brings strength and experience when clients need it most.