Firm: Freeberg Law
Location: San Diego - CA
Del Mar Corporate Plaza
12636 High Bluff Drive, Suite 400
San Diego, CA 92130
- Tel : (858)756-6632
- Fax : (858)756-3506
- Email : Eric@FreebergLaw.com
Mr. Freeberg is one of Southern California’s preeminent Real Estate Transaction attorneys who has completed over a Billion Dollars of transactions in the last 37 years. Mr. Freeberg has a reputation for cost effectively representing individuals and companies in their complex real estate endeavors with discretion, dispatch and integrity. A former partner at Luce Forward Hamilton and Scripps (now Denton’s), he has been a sole practitioner since 1992. Admitted to practice in California, Mr. Freeberg is also admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit and the Supreme Court of the United States but for the last 30 years he has limited his practice to all aspects of real estate transactions and business transactions involving real estate. Mr. Freeberg is a 1979 graduate of the University of California, Boalt Hall.
A recipient of an AV Preeminent rating from Martindale-Hubbell since 1994, he has been listed in Best Lawyers in America since 1994, recognized as a “Super Lawyer” since 2007, and has been named one of the “Top Lawyers in San Diego” by San Diego Magazine every year since 2001, recognized as San Diego’s Best Real Estate Attorney in 2012, and for a number of years was recognized as one of America’s Best Law Firms by U.S News Best Lawyers. Licensed as a real estate broker in California since 1995, Mr. Freeberg does not act as a broker but has extensive experience dealing with brokers and ensuring the timely closing of complex transactions. He is a member of the San Diego County Bar Association where he is a former chair of its Real Property Section. He is a member of the California Bar, but also has handled numerous large transactions throughout the United States utilizing local counsel when necessary.
Mr. Freeberg gives back to his community in a number of ways, including his activities in Rotary International as a Major Donor, and member of the Paul Harris Society, and his activities in the La Jolla Golden Triangle Rotary Club and Rotary International District 5340. He is a former Director of the San Diego Muscular Dystrophy Association, former member of the Silver Circle Society for Wake Forest University, and a former member of the Steering Committee for the Colgate University Parents Fund. Mr. Freeberg continues to have long-standing pro bono contributions as counsel to the La Jolla Golden Triangle Rotary Club, La Jolla Golden Triangle Rotary Foundation and Bethlehem Lutheran Church. Mr. Freeberg is also a Director and Corporate Secretary of the La Jolla Golden Triangle Rotary Club, and is also a Director, Corporate Secretary, Chairman of the Grants Committee, and a member of the Executive and Audit Committees of the David C. Copley Foundation.
*AV Preeminent and BV Distinguished are certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the confidential opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell ratings fall into two categories: legal ability and general ethical standards.
- J.D. University of California, Berkeley, CA, (1979);
- A recipient of the highest AV Preeminent rating annually from Martindale-Hubbell since 1994;
- Recognized as One of America’s Best Real Estate Lawyers by Best Lawyers in America annually since 1993;
- Recognized as a “Super Lawyer” by Super Lawyers annually since 2007;
- Recognized as one of the “Top Lawyers in San Diego” by San Diego Magazine annually since 2001;
- Recognized as “San Diego’s Best Real Estate Attorney for 2012”;
- Recognized as one of “America’s Best Law Firms” by U.S News Best Lawyers (Tier 1-Metro) annually since 2008;
- Recognized as one of the Top 100 attorneys in San Diego by the “San Diego Business Journal’s Best of the Bar 2017.”
- Rotary International: 35 years as a Charter Member of the La Jolla Golden Triangle Rotary Club, District 5340, District Foundation Mentor and Major Donor;
- La Jolla Golden Triangle Rotary Club Foundation: Founding Member, Founding Director, and Founding Corporate Secretary;
- David C. Copley Foundation: CoChair of Executive Committee, Director, and Corporate Secretary;
- UC Santa Cruz: Member San Diego Task Force for the Alumni Association;
- Muscular Dystrophy Association: Former Member of Executive Board for San Diego County;
- Colgate University Parents Fund: Former member of Steering Committee;
- Rancho Santa Fe Fire Safety Task Force: Former member.