Firm: SHER TREMONTE LLP
Location: New York - NY
90 Broad Street, 23rd Floor New York
New York 10004
- Tel : 212.202.2679
- Fax : 212-202-4156
- Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms. Wolff is an accomplished trial and appellate advocate with a reputation for achieving exceptional results, from reversals of dismissals on appeal and multimillion-dollar settlements for plaintiffs to complete dismissals for defendants. Lauded by clients as a fierce advocate and trusted ally, she resolves painful disputes and pursues outcomes that restore normalcy when livelihoods and reputations are at stake.
Ms. Wolff has extensive experience with legal disputes involving real property and also maintains an active docket in complex commercial, securities, and media-related litigation. Her real estate practice includes the following representative matters:
- Successfully arguing an appeal to obtain a reversal from the New York Supreme Court Appellate Division, First Department, for an investment advisory firm in a dispute over fees owed in connection with the acquisition of an international chain of luxury resorts; ultimately, obtained a $50 million judgment for client;
- Defending a real estate developer against claims for a seven-figure commission, obtaining a complete dismissal of the action in the Commercial Division of New York Supreme Court after arguing that her client, the purchaser of a $140 million residential apartment building in Manhattan, could not be held liable for a commission purportedly promised to the plaintiff real estate broker by the principals of her client’s predecessor in interest;
- Representing publicly traded real estate / asset management company in pending action against seller and builder of 12-story, 105-unit residential building in Brooklyn for concealing construction defects prior to sale;
- Representing real estate investment trust (REIT) sponsor in numerous lawsuits with prior owner over acquisition of sponsor entity;
- Representing an investor in a “billionaire’s row” luxury tower in action against developers for breach of fiduciary duty and related claims arising from developers’ scheme to force capital calls and dilute other investors while securing debt financing on favorable terms for themselves.
Whether counseling clients in the early stage of a potential dispute, guiding them through government and regulatory investigations and enforcement proceedings, or waging a vigorous battle in the courtroom, Ms. Wolff engineers pragmatic solutions that minimize risk, disruption, and liability.
Ms. Wolff devotes a substantial amount of time to her pro bono practice and has advocated on behalf of victims of domestic violence, political and religious refugees, undocumented minors, and victims of police misconduct. She earned the Legal Aid Society’s Pro Bono Publico Award and Sanctuary for Families’ Above & Beyond Award for Excellence in Pro Bono Advocacy.
Prior to joining Sher Tremonte, Ms. Wolff worked as an associate at Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP. Ms. Wolff received her J.D. from Georgetown University Law Center, where she served as the Writing Program Director for the Georgetown Journal on Poverty Law & Policy. During law school, Ms. Wolff worked as a judicial intern to the Honorable Richard Holwell in the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York and as a legal extern in the United States Department of Justice, Civil Rights Division.
Prior to law school. Ms. Wolff earned a degree in American Studies from Columbia College cum laude. Following graduation, she worked as a paralegal for the New York County District Attorney’s Office, where she assisted in trial preparation and grand jury investigations for the Labor Racketeering Unit.
Ms. Wolff is admitted to practice in New York State, the United States District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York and the United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit. She is an active member of the Federal Bar Council and serves on its First Decades Committee. Since 2016, Ms. Wolff has been selected annually as one of New York City’s “Rising Stars” and “Top Women Attorneys” by Super Lawyers.
Georgetown University Law Center, J.D.
Writing Program Director, Georgetown Journal on Poverty Law & Policy
Columbia College, B.A.
New York State
United States District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York
United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
SHER TREMONTE LLP
Sher Tremonte is one of New York City’s most highly regarded litigation boutiques and represents companies and individuals in complex commercial disputes and high-stakes white collar matters. Our wide range of clients – businesses, entrepreneurs, executives and other leading professionals – rely on Sher Tremonte to provide creative, thoughtful advice. They trust Sher Tremonte’s superb and experienced lawyers to win their cases and, where possible, avoid litigation altogether.