Firm: Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
Location: McLean - VA
1650 Tysons Boulevard 14th Floor
McLean, VA 22102-4856
- Tel : 703.770.7925
- Fax : 650.233.4545
- Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
David Miller, a Pillsbury Real Estate partner, has closed billions of dollars in public-private partnerships, financings and other complex transactions for U.S. and international clients.
David has decades of experience in public-private partnerships involving office buildings, high-rise biomedical laboratory facilities, military housing developments, transportation and telecommunications facilities and large mixeduse real estate developments. Supervising interdisciplinary teams of Pillsbury lawyers, he represents government entities, private enterprises and international investors in financings, public debt offerings, redevelopment projects, joint ventures and the purchase, sale and lease of U.S. properties. Several of his transactions have received “Deal of the Year” awards from industry publications and organizations.
- Represent a United Kingdom-based life insurance companies in decades of investments in diverse portfolios of real estate in markets throughout the United States.
- Represent Graham Holdings in real estate acquisitions, dispositions and leases, including the sale of the former headquarters of The Washington Post in Washington, DC.
- Recognized by Chambers USA, Real Estate – Northern Virginia (2007 – 2019), Best Lawyers (published by BL Rankings LLC), Real Estate Law (2006 – 2019) and The Legal 500 U.S., Real Estate Transactions & Finance (2007, 2015, 2017).
Fellow, American College of Real Estate Lawyers, former chair of its Attorneys Opinions Committee, former chair of the American Bar Association Committee on Legal Opinions in Real Estate Transactions and former Vice-Chair of the Steering Committee of the District of Columbia Bar Real Estate, Housing and Land Use Section.
Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
Throughout the United States and worldwide, Pillsbury Real Estate lawyers advise market-leading clients on transactions and development projects of every kind involving all asset classes.
Offering deep market knowledge, a coast-to-coast U.S. presence, with global reach, Pillsbury is one of the few firms with the size and geographic footprint to handle the full range of real estate assignments, from multijurisdictional portfolio transactions to single-asset deals in local markets. As needed for specific projects, our Real Estate lawyers build teams to include our firm’s construction, insurance advisory, project finance, litigation, tax, environmental, labor and employment, and bankruptcy practice lawyers to assure comprehensive streamlined service. Beyond handling complex transactions and advising on development projects, we are highly experienced in public-private partnerships and a leader in design and construction projects and real estate litigation.
Represented Klövern AB, a publicly traded Swedish real estate company, in their $23 million purchase of the ground leasehold for 118 10th Avenue in Manhattan. The acquisition marks the third New York City real estate transaction the team has successfully completed for Klövern in the past 16 months.
- Pillsbury’s Real Estate practice received a tier 4 ranking and Real Estate: Land Use/Zoning practice received a tier 3 ranking from The Legal 500 U.S. in 2019
- Pillsbury’s real estate team and lawyers are recognized by Chambers USA, with clients saying we offer “[t]op-flight client service,” “deep commercial awareness,” “quality of work” and “timeliness of turnaround.”
- Pillsbury was ranked among the top 10 “Leading Real Estate Law Firms” by Commercial Property Executive, a publication that covers the commercial real estate industry’s key trends, issues and concerns.