Firm: Fowler White Burnett, P.A.
Location: Miami - FL
1395 Brickell Avenue, 14th Floor
Miami, Florida 33131
- Tel : 305.789.9200
- Fax : 305,728,7551
- Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Richard Wood is the managing shareholder of Fowler White Burnett and has more than twenty years of experience handling a broad range of transactions for all property types including, but not limited to: shopping centers, office buildings, mixed-use projects, multi-family housing and condominiums. Richard is a Managing Shareholder located in the firm’s Miami office. He is currently recognized as Legal Elite in Florida Trend, which recognizes the state’s legal leaders (named by their peers). Richard is also recognized in Best Lawyers in America, for over five years.
A significant portion of Richard’s practice focuses on the representation of residential and commercial developers, as well as the representation of institutional lenders. Richard has extensive experience with the acquisition, development and financing of commercial and residential properties for Fortune 500 companies. Active in all aspects of institutional lending, Richard is revered as a legal expert in the structuring of complex construction lending arrangements. Richard guides financial institutions in performing due diligence, negotiating terms and executing loans to both residential and commercial developers. Additionally, Richard oversees the leasing of office, retail and industrial properties, representing both landlords and tenants in lease negotiations. Richard also has extensive experience in title examination and serves as a title agent for Attorneys’ Title Insurance Fund, Inc. (widely known as the title experts in Florida), Chicago Title Insurance Company (leading experts in title examining and title insurance policies) and First American Title Insurance.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association
- Dade County Bar Association
- The Florida Bar
- Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section
- University of Miami Citizens Board
- Attorneys’ Title Insurance Fund,1987- Present
- Attorneys’ Title Insurance Fund for Miami-Dade County Advisory Board, 1993- Present
- Appointment by United States District Court, Southern District of Florida, as Commissioner for East Everglades Acquisition Project, 2001- Present
- Cumberland School of Law, J.D.
- Samford University, M.B.A.
- University of Miami, B.A.
- AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated, Martindale-Hubbell
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Real Estate Law, 2013 – Present
- South Florida Legal Guide, Top Lawyers, 2020 – Present
- South Florida Business Journal, Power Leaders in Law & Accounting, 2014 – 2018
- South Florida Business Journal, Leading Lawyers in South Florida, 2013, 2017
- Florida Trend, Legal Elite, 2015
- Florida Super Lawyers, 2009 – 2013
Fowler White Burnett, P.A.
In today’s increasingly challenging and competitive real estate industry, it is vital that a real estate practice group thoroughly understands the marketplace and a client’s objectives.
At Fowler White, we represent major residential and commercial developers, financial institutions and investors in all facets of real estate transactions, from acquisition and development to leasing and final disposition. Our attorneys handle a wide range of real estate projects, including office buildings, mixed-use properties, hotels and multi-family communities.
Our clients benefit from the collaboration between the real estate team and other Fowler White practices, such as corporate, tax and litigation. In every project, our goal is to provide the guidance and resources needed to successfully execute a transaction to a client’s best advantage.
- Real Estate Transactions
- Real Estate Finance
- Real Estate Development and Planned Communities
- Real Estate and Construction Litigation