Firm: Robinson & Cole LLP
Location: Stamford - CT
1055 Washington Boulevard
Stamford, CT 06901
- Tel : 203.462.7526
- Fax : 203.462.7599
- Email : email@example.com
Steven Elbaum, a member of the firm’s Real Estate + Development Practice Group, concentrates his practice on commercial real estate law. He represents corporations, developers, municipalities, and international lending institutions in real estate transactions, financing, leasing, and development.
Steven has 25 years of experience handling acquisitions and sales of real property and related real estate financing. He assists clients with structuring, negotiating, drafting, and closing real estate acquisitions, dispositions, and loans. He also counsels public and private clients and municipalities in economic development incentive transactions.
Steven has assisted clients with several large-scale property transfers, such as helping a large utility acquire a 520-acre nuclear power plant for $1.3 billion. He has handled complex financings, including representing clients in connection with a $200 million revolving and term-loan facility to fund a “going private” transaction.
Steven has been listed in The Best Lawyers in America© in the area of Real Estate Law since 2007, and has been selected to the Connecticut and New England Super Lawyers list from 2007 to 2019.
Honors and Awards
- Robinson+Cole Community Service Award Recipient, 2013.
- AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated in Martindale-Hubbell™ in the areas of Real Estate, Finance, and Commercial Leasing (Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Ratings is a trademark. AV Preeminent is a certification mark of Reed Elsevier Properties, Inc.).
- Ranked in Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business in the State of Connecticut in the area of Real Estate since 2010.
- Selected by his peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America© in the area of Real Estate Law since 2007.
Robinson & Cole LLP.
Robinson+Cole’s real estate practice encompasses a spectrum of real estate transactional and related matters. We represent a range of clients, including multinational corporations; institutional, public, and private lenders; retailers; state agencies; bonding authorities; schools; commercial and multifamily developers; health care institutions; hotel chains; and manufacturers.
Representation of a real estate investment fund that specializes in acquiring mid- and small-cap real estate investment properties throughout the United States. Property types have included office, hotel, multifamily, and, most recently, health care-related office buildings. In one of its funds, we represented the client in closing on seven office properties. Sellers have included international and national REITs. Each office transaction is structured to be Sharia law compliant.