Represented developer in the purchase of a construction company’s storage yard for use in a planned residential redevelopment a block from the main commercial artery through Simsbury, CT. The project is a 175-unit multifamily development with 10 percent of the units designated for affordable rents, with walking trails connecting to the Rails to Trails Greenway path on town-owned land. The firm provided end-to-end support on the transaction beginning with the execution of a purchase contract, followed by oversight of environmental investigation and remediation work and a Transfer Act evaluation. The team also helped obtain a wetlands permit and zoning special exception for the new development from town land use boards. The culmination of the matter resulted in the successful closing of the contract.
Recent News & Legal Updates
- The Most Important Things To Consider When Gifting Real Estate To Your Children
- New Nursing Home Transparency Rules And Their Impact On Real Estate Owners
- New York City Unveils Subsidy For Mixed Income Development
- Commercial Real Estate Developments 101
- Mass Fraud, Arson Threats, Murder, Organized Crime, Kidnapping: What Are The Limits Of ‘Buyer Beware’?
- Update To Chicago Zoning Rules Streamlines Approval Timeline